Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23, 2011

9-23-11 Friday, 8:45 am Birmingham

I am glad to be connected to the internet through my Droid. We are having a great visit with Malcolm and
and Olwen. Yesterday I ran six miles, got stung by a bee in my eyebrow, and lost badly in scrabble. Today the sun is out and the air is fresh.

Psalm 67
"May God be gracious to us and make His face shine upon us, that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations."This is a beautiful desire, and it is my desire to make His salvation known among the nations.

Ephesians 2
Paul teaches and reminds the readers about how each of us were dead in our sins when we "followed the ways of this world the spirit who is now work in thoses who are disobedient." He reminds us that "all of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts." The remedy is described in verses7 and 8, salvation by grace through faith. We are now one in Christ, fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household! This is such good news and I live in this reality.

Thank you Lord for being our peace and making possible our adoption. Guide my steps today as I live this day in your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment