Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September27, 2011

9-27-11 Tuesday, 7:15 am Birmingham 55 degrees, foggy

Yesterday I was on a great 8 mile run along the canal tow path when I rolled my ankle. Clearly it was a severe sprain, and thus I eventually took a cab back to where we are staying. For lunch we visited a country estate and enjoyed a fabulous meal, including rabbit liver and ox cheek. In the evening we watched a charming tv show called Doc Martin. Today Audrey will go shopping with some gals and I will visit the world's best motorcyle museum here in birmingham.

Ephesians 5

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love..." (Verses 1-2)
"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality... (3)
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light...(8)
"Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise. But as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil." (15,16)

There are many verses in this chapter exhorting the reader to live carefully a life of love. In many ways this chapter summarizes the theme of my preaching for the next month - living beyond normal - making choices that are careful and wise, which will inevitably prove different then most people around us.

Guide me today Lord as I carefully live this day as I "sing and make music in my heart" to You, being filled with Your Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment