Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8, 2011

9-8-11 Thursday, 7:20 am Springfield, 48 degrees

I am sitting on the deck in my backyard, facing south, with the sun rising to my left, and multiple humming birds feeding and fighting around the sugar water I have supplied. Why do humming birds fight when there is plenty of “nectar” to feed them all? Why do humans fight when God supplies all that we need?

Yesterday was long, strenuous, and fruitful. I began with a 3 mile run, which proved that my puncture wound would withstand running, and resulted in 10-minute miles. Our day with Doug Anderson was perhaps the most helpful day of coaching I have experienced, as he and I met with our staff, our pastors, our lay leaders, our Sunday Morning Experience task force and our Ministry Audit task force. I finished out the evening teaching with Pastor Mi Hyeon the new member class. I gained clarity and direction in issues related to our vision and direction with the HCI prescriptions.

2 Corinthians 10 (One Year Bible)

Paul continues his second letter to the church which he planted in Corinth on his second missionary journey. His tone sharpens with this chapter and continues through chapter 13 substantiating his authority and rebuking those who promote themselves. Commentators ponder why his writing becomes stronger and more confrontative in this and following chapters. As I am experiencing some criticism and conflict in the Wesley faith community I appreciate very much what Paul has to say in this chapter. He states that his only boasting is in Christ, and “it is not those who commend themselves who are approved, but those whom the Lord commends.” (Verse 18)

I am yours most precious Lord. I serve You alone. Guide my words, actions, planning, writing, and all aspects of pastoring as I endeavor to build up your body, your bride, your people and those still spiritually asleep in Springfield, and around the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment