Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011

10-10-11 Monday, 4:46 am Springfield, 62 degrees.

I am up early and feel well-rested. After devotions I will go to the airport and get some night landings while it is still dark. During this day I will get in a long workout (equivalent of 9 mile run) and spend a few hours at the office, as I will be traveling later in the week. Yesterday was a great Sunday of worship and ministry, with the combined youth/adult choir at all 4 services, and the message being a direct hit on the heart of Jesus’ message – “Love God (relationship) and love your neighbor (relationship). I articulated the difference between being religious and being in a relationship.

I Thessalonians chapters 2-3

The apostle Paul writes to a group of believers which he won to Christ during his missionary travels. He loves these believers and desires the best for them. He has sent Timothy to check on them, and upon returning to Paul, Timothy has brought a good report. In 2:12 Paul reviews the work he did among this body: “encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.” This is also the work God has called me to do among the believers in Springfield – encouraging, comforting, and urging. Thank you Lord for this calling.

In 2:13 Paul describes the response of the believers: “And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.” Even though the work in the church involves the labor of humans, we must remember constantly that it is the work and the word of God which is a reality and though unseen is powerful.

Guide me today, this week, this season as I labor for the Master from the dawn to setting sun, bringing in the sheaves, planting, cultivating, encouraging, comforting, urging. I am yours holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment