Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

10-27-11 Thursday, 8:19 am Village Inn, Springfield, 44 degrees, cloudy

I just had a delightful breakfast and conversation with a former member of Wesley who now lives in Kansas City. It was good to catch up and share the fellowship of Christ-centered lives. We are both empty nesters with many things in common. This morning I arose at 5:30 (it took two bouts with the alarm to rouse me!)

Titus 2

In this chapter Paul instructs a pastor, Titus, on how to teach older men, older women, younger me. Paul also tells Titus to “in everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us” (verses 7-8). Paul concludes this chapter by telling Titus to “encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you” (15).

Guide me today Lord in all the opportunities I have to meet and pray and counsel and teach. Use my example to encourage many in doing what is good. Pour out your spirit and empower me in Springfield to be your undershepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment