Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9, 2011

10-9-11 Sunday, 5:41 am Springfield, 62 degrees

My alarm went off and my body was not ready to arise! I now have a good cup of coffee warming my throat and I am ready for the day. Yesterday was a good and full day of pastoral ministry. Today in addition to the morning worship services I will have three meetings in the afternoon-evening. I am looking forward to this day of serving God and loving His people. As I work on my sermon for this morning, I have been led to consider a famous chapter on love:

I Corinthians 13

God calls us into relationship with himself, and propels us into relationships with people around us. Here is what they look like: unselfish, costly, patient, persistent, nurturing, supportive, creative, sacrificial, and caring. Love is the operative word for relationships, and the Apostle Paul describes love as "patient, kind, not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful it does not rejoice in wrongdoing but rejoices in truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." This is weird! If you love God and love people you are beyond normal!

Today Lord may my love for You and my love for people be congruous. Guide me by your Spirit as I teach about the Son and apply this to the way in which each of us live out our lives on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment