Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 23, 2011

10-23-11 Sunday, 5:47 am Springfield, 51 degrees, clear.

Yesterday I started with a 7:15 am meeting about finances, attended the United Methodist Men’s monthly breakfast meeting with a great program on car safety by Bruno Schmidt, met with a Sunday School class for brunch, exercised, performed a wedding, and made several phone calls along with finalizing my sermon. At the end of the day there were still phone calls I could have made, and a short writing project left unfinished. Today I am looking forward to preaching on the topic of money.

Matthew 6 - Jesus teaches about prayer, fasting, and money

As the middle chapter of three containing the “Sermon on the Mount”, this chapter has practical advice and pointed criticism for the religious leaders of Jesus’ day. I will speak from this chapter this morning. Guide my thoughts, words, and actions today, most holy Lord as I seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment