Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012

To save daylight, we spring forward today, and it feels like 4:45 am. This is one of the more difficult Sundays of the year physically because of the time change. Audrey and I went to bed early and I feel adequately rested and ready for the day. This morning I am preaching about God’s healing power and the church’s call to go and heal.

Luke 8

In verses 43-48 is recorded the account of the woman with the 12-year hemorrhage healed when she touched the hem of Jesus’ garment. Earlier in the chapter Jesus explains to his disciples the parable of the seeds on differing soils. I am struck by verses 15: “But as for that in the good soil, these are the ones who, when they hear the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patient endurance.”

Guide me today most Holy Lord as I preach your word to many people. I ask you for many who will hear the word, and hold it fast in honest and good hearts, and with patient endurance will bear fruit. May my life be good soil, fruitful with patient endurance! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment