Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20, 2012

It has felt like spring most of the winter, with unusually mild weather. Yesterday Audrey and I went for a long walk on the Ward Branch Greenway and enjoyed the flowering trees which are in full bloom. I also got the lawn fertilized ahead of the rain. I started the day off by riding the Concours to the airport and getting four take offs and landings completed in the Cherokee. This week is spring break for the public schools and many colleges in the area. Life around the church will slow down a little as many people are traveling. I look forward to leaning into several items that need my attention. We will host a memorial service on Thursday for Charlie Hoag.

Romans 3

Paul continues his logical argument for faith in Jesus Christ. Verses 23-24: “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;” I ponder the teachings of this chapter, and for some reason my mind wanders off seeking my friend David C. who lives in Florida. I have been thinking about him recently, and wondering how he is doing. When we were post-high school our faith was new and growing every day. He fell into a life apart from God’s will, and now is in poor health with limited means. I will contact him this week.

As I preached about “rescue” this past weekend I mentioned my friend from seminary Rob E., who rescued me by typing a paper on the day it was due. He still lives in Terre Haute, as a quick computer search revealed, and I shall attempt to contact him this week also.

Lord, my life is in your hands. Guide me today as I serve you through the pastoral office. May this day be invested for eternity and may my work be kingdom-building with fruit that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment