Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21, 2012

Today I plan to start three varieties of tomato seeds, enough for my small garden and to share with Rochelle.

Romans 4

Abraham is the topic of this chapter, his faith the example for us. The warning is from Paul not to trust in the law. Abraham “did not waver in unbelief, but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what He had promised He was able also to perform. Therefore it was reckoned to him as righteousness.” (Verses 20-23) Paul goes on to apply this faith to us who believe in the resurrection of Jesus, “delivered up because of our transgressions and was raised because of our justification” (verse 25).

Three funerals this week – two members and one son of a member – all men who died in faith and whose funerals will be a celebration of the resurrection. I am ever more firmly convinced of the resurrection, and the power of God evidenced through Jesus Christ.

I called Fred P. last night, whose dad was a coworker of my dad, and who was a friend of mine beginning in the 7th grade. He attended my mom’s funeral four years ago, and I have been wondering how he is doing. We had a great chat, catching up on family and each other. He has two infant granddaughters, and his mother is doing great at the age of 86 in Texas. It is good to keep in touch with friends from the l960s.

Guide me holy Lord as I serve you today. Establish me in the faith, confirm in me your promises and the hope of the resurrection. Use my words, my prayers, my preparation, my meetings, my conversations to further your kingdom on earth. Guard me from anything that would distract my obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment