Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10, 2010

April 10, 2010, Saturday, Springfield, 52 degrees, sunny,

Deut 34 – Josh 2:24 (The One Year Bible) I have been looking forward to this passage for a while.

Moses ascends Mt. Nebo, to the top of Pisgah and God shows him the promised land. Moses dies and is buried in a valley in the land of Moab. When he died, “his sight was unimpaired and his vigor had not abated.” Supreme court Justice John Paul Stevens announced his retirement this week as he approaches his 90th birthday. I hope that my strength is unabated into my 9th decade as I serve God with all my strength.

Joshua, Moses longtime assistant, is commissioned by God to lead the people. His instructions from God include (verse 8) “This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to act in accordance with all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall be successful.” This charge has motivated me to daily scripture meditation and careful obedience since 1974. Lord I pray that I might increase my love for your word and my attention to obeying it in every way, and teaching others to do the same.

Tomorrow we confirm 33 young people in the faith. I have the privilege of asking them the questions of faith, and laying my hands upon them one by one. May each of them grow as strong as Joshua in their faith and service to God in their generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment