Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 12, 2010

4-12-10 Monday, 10:37 am DFW airport, en route to San Antonio

Audrey and I are flying to conference in San Antonio for United Methodist Pastors of Large Churches. I have heard about this LCI (Large Church Initiative) for 20 years, but have not attended one. I hope to glean from the presenters, and to identify a few churches in the 1500 – 2000 weekly attendance range to learn from. I also hope to discern what I might be able to teach pastors who aspire to reach 1000 in weekly worship. Next week I gather with pastors from Missouri of large churches to visit with our bishop and Brad Kalejainen (from Michigan). I wish these two meetings were not back to back.

Sunday was another great day of worship and gathering at Wesley. The MSU symphonic band played at all 4 services, and we confirmed 32 youth who have professed faith in Christ. I preached on 3:17 “The Numbers of Promise”, emphasizing the promised new covenant of Jeremiah, and the promise of “no condemnation” of John 3:17 and Rom 8:1. Preaching continues to be a humbling task, as God uses my preparation and limited abilities to accomplish His will and purposes. Guide me as we head to this huge Mission Blitz weekend, and the combined worship service at 5:00.

1:24 pm Somewhere in the air between Dallas and San Antonio

The trip has been smooth so far. I see another pastor from Missouri 4 rows ahead of me. Audrey and I had a very nice lunch in the airport. I am out of reading material for the rest of this flight, so I will explore and learn more about this laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment