Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23, 2010

4-23-10 Friday, 6:42 am Grayrock, 61 degrees, cloudy, storms looming

Today I drive to Kansas City to have lunch with a pastor. I have been looking forward to this conversation for some time. Afterward I will either return home or head to St. Louis. I might delay my trip to St. Louis until Sunday evening/Monday, the final packing up of belongings at Greenbough before the closing on Tuesday.

Judges 1:1 – 2:9
Joshua has died. The Israelites continue to occupy and conquer the promised land. Tribe after tribe “failed to drive out the ______” and then those folks were a thorn in their side. This seems to be a good description of the regions of Palestine today – people living in great tension with one another. God appeared to the people through an angel, who went up from Gilgal to Bokim and said “…. You disobeyed my command. Why did you do this? So now I declare that I will no longer drive out the people living in your land. They will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a constant temptation to you.” (Judges 2:2b-3).

Life is complicated. People struggle in so many ways to serve God, to obey God, and to live in peace. Guide me today Lord as I seek to be your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment