Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010

4-28-10 Wednesday, 6:49 am Grayrock 41 degrees.

It has been a couple of days since I have been able to write and reflect in this journal. Monday we stayed in O’Fallon and I did not have internet access. Yesterday I had a breakfast meeting after being up late unloading the trailer after a funeral visit. Today I am fairly rested and ready for this day with its opportunities and challenges.

My breakfast yesterday with Daryl Eldridge was most interesting. He has founded a new seminary, completely web-based. We discussed many aspects of this work, including my dissertation which he read and encouraged me to summarize into an article, perhaps for an online publication. I might do this. I need to also contact John Whitesel, author of Growth by Accident, Death by Planning, and professor at Indiana Wesleyan, as they work to get an M. Div. program accredited and acceptable to the University Senate of the United Methodist Church. He expressed an interest in my teaching an online course for them.

Reading Judges has always inspired me. My favorite type of literature is biography, and most of the book of Judges is biography. Guide me as I read today holy Lord.

Judges 8:18-9:57
The rest of the story of Gideon and his sons. This is a tragic account of greed, jealousy and corruption. How many times has this been repeated down through human history, and how many more times will it be perpetuated? I recognize that I need to be aware and careful to confront evil in all its forms, and to trust completely in the One whose kingdom is coming. Guide my actions, thoughts, and leadership on this day, holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment