Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5, 2010

4-5-10 Monday, 5:59 am Grayrock, 64 degrees, clear

Ahh, the “7th” day in my schedule. Having worked long and hard during holy week and Easter weekend, today is unscheduled and my Sabbath. Bethany is back in Los Angelos, David and Danelle are back in O’Fallon, and the house is quiet. It will be a good day for reading, yard work, rest, and recreation.

Deut 28

A chapter of promised blessings for obedience to God, and severe warnings against disobedience. God is serious about his word to the Israelites. This chapter reminds me to pour myself into obeying God’s word out of my love for him, and the opportunities I have to teach and deliver God’s word to others.

Luke 11:14-36

Jesus is accused of casting out demons by the power of Beelzubub, the chief demon. He warns that a house divided can not stand (the Kentucky state motto). He states that Jonah is the sign given to all. I plan to preach a short series on Jonah this year – maybe in May or June.

This day, as every day I am your servant. Use me to accomplish your will on this first Monday in April.

1 comment:

  1. The blessings and teaching that you have given to us through this Lenten season will surley remain on our hearts.
    May you enjoy your day of rest!

    ReplyDelete