Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18, 2010

4-18-10 Sunday, 6:29 am Springfield, 39 degrees, birds singing, sky clear, a beautiful day.

God has blessed us with a wonderful day to continue our mission blitz and celebrate with an outdoor worship service at 5:00 pm. I proposed this idea last summer, and we have been planning toward it. I will preach a simple message about scattering seeds from Mat 13, and we will ask people to share their experiences with seeing God at work this weekend.

Mat 12 – 13
Jesus’ disciples pick grain on the Sabbath – when accused by Pharisees he states that “the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.” He heals a man with a withered hand on the Sabbath, and then proceeds to teach about the kingdom of God. His mother and brothers come for him while he is surrounded by crowds and he responds “whoever does the will of my father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” This statement kindles in me an increased desire to “do the will” of the father.

For me today, doing the will of the father involves cleaning up trash and closing up the Rockin Ribs barbeque festival at Bass Pro, and then preaching and leading worship outside for up to 1000 people at Wesley. I love doing God’s will, and intend to throw myself into this work, beginning with getting to Wesley around 7:30 to check on details and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment