Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25, 2010

4-25-10 Sunday, 5:53 am Grayrock, 52 degrees, cloudy

Storms continued to develop throughout the day yesterday. All day long I was thanking God for the beautiful weather last weekend, allowing for the Wesley mission blitz, and thankful that this weekend’s storms did not develop last week. This morning I am looking forward to a “regular” worship service at Wesley. Our United Methodist Women will celebrate their work, and the principal from Jerrett middle school will share greetings and thanks.

My message this morning as I begin my Crime Scenes in the Bible is from Gen. 4, the murder of Abel by his brother. My main focus is that it springs from the heart, he was told to guard his heart because sin is lurking at the door. David prayed for a new heart, and baby Audrey got a new heart by transplant on Thursday. Guide us all today holy Lord, as your word is proclaimed and each of us has the opportunity to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment