Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12, 2010

5-12-10 Wednesday, 7:25 am Grayrock, 72 degrees, cloudy.

Having worked out yesterday at the Meyer center, and worked until 9 last night at Wesley it was not easy to get out of bed this morning. The Today Show is reporting on the crash of a passenger jet in Tripoli, Libya. Tonight I have my FAA flight physical at the home of Dr. Cross. In preparing for this physical I discovered that I have only flown 3.9 hours in the last 6 months. I will fly more in the coming months.

I Sam 13
Saul is anointed King at age 30, and serves for 42 years. At Gilgal, having waited for seven days as Samuel instructed, but with his men slipping away, and his sense of urgency to take action, he “sacrificed the burnt offering himself.” Samuel appears shortly, and chastises him for his presumption and lack of faith. This event has always puzzled me, as I can clearly see Saul’s predicament. As a leader, he takes action. However, he violates God’s will and at this early stage of his reign, he loses God’s favor. Guide me and teach me patience and faith as I apply this incident to my leadership in the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment