Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19, 2010

5-19-10 Wednesday, 5:47 am Grayrock, 51 degrees, clear

I have awakened earlier than necessary, and I welcome this early quiet time. Laying awake in bed I envisioned working in the garden, going for a run, reading, writing, etc. I emailed Malcolm (my friend in England) yesterday telling him that I would be online from 6 – 7:30 this morning if he wanted to skype. He will be having surgery on Friday to remove a tumor. Last evening we attended the Kickapoo High School graduation and celebrated with Lauren and her family. It was good to also see several Wesley students graduating. There were lots of awards, honors and speeches, and I was reminiscing about my own high school graduation in 1974.

I Sam 24-25
David spares Saul’s life in a cave. His young ambassadors scorned by Nabal, David is spared bloodshed by the gifts and wisdom of Nabal’s wife Abigail. David then marries Abigail after Nabal dies ten days later. God’s hand continues to lead David and guide him, as he guards his integrity and his faith carefully. His polygamy seems unwise.

John 10:22-42
Jesus is confronted by the Jews who ask “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” He responds that the works he does in his father’s name bear witness of him. He elaborates, and the Jews desire to kill him, but he eludes them. They really missed the boat in seeing who he is, and the opportunity to follow him. Nabal in I Sam 24 also missed the opportunity to support David and his men, as Nabal was probably too big for his own britches, so to speak. God is at work today. We serve him as did David, and so many in this generation are missing what he is doing.

Guide me today, most holy Lord, as I represent you as a shepherd, and serve you as my Lord. Lead me to share the good news of your kingdom, and to see clearly your purposes in these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment