Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28, 2010

5-28-10 Friday, 6:10 am Grayrock, clear, 69 degrees.

The cats and I have the house to ourselves. Audrey drove to St. Louis yesterday and picked up Bethany from the airport. They are in Columbia today and tomorrow. I will join them tomorrow in Jefferson City for the State Track Meet. Today I will work on my sermon and attend a meeting with other pastors at the district office concerning a new church start that will utilize house churches. This evening I will work around the house, yard, and garage.

Romans 8 This is one of my favorite chapters of Holy Scripture. I memorized it in 1979 in the King James Version. It feeds my soul. This weekend I will be teaching from this chapter, focusing on the Holy Spirit and Prayer. As my sermon takes shape, it is becoming a contrast of walking in the spirit and walking in the flesh. I will examine how a person says yes to God’s Spirit, and no the flesh. I will utilize several scriptures that describe hindrances to our prayer. I will touch on the nature of God. I might even mention about praying to saints, and praying in a world of technology. Guide me Lord as I faithfully handle your word, lead your people to a closer relationship with You, and equip the saints for the work of the ministry, which builds your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment