Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6, 2010

5-6-10 Thursday, 7:27 am Grayrock, sunny, 56 degrees.

Ruth 2-3
The Introduction in the Wesley Study Bible provides helpful information and insight into this short book of the Bible. Redemption and holy living are the main themes. Naomi, Ruth and Boaz are the main characters. John Wesley suggests that we apply this passage by asking ourselves in the evening “Where have I gleaned today? What improvements have I made in grace or knowledge? What have I learned or done?” Lord, may this day be a day of faithful work in your harvest, as I glean and gather, work and serve in your great plan of redemption.

Yesterday I recorded 11.55 hours of work, as I am recording all my hours along with the pastors and executive staff for these two weeks. Following the practice of John Wesley, I am finding this a helpful exercise and not as difficult as it seems. My schedule lightens up for the next few days, and I have the opportunity to make great progress in planning and working ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment