Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010

5-3-10 Monday, 6:58 am Grayrock, clear, 52 degrees.

Ah, the “7th” day in my week, the Sabbath with no work scheduled. I appreciate Jesus’ words that “the Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath.” I look forward to investing this day in ways that are re-creational. This could include some gardening and yardwork, some exercise, a ride on the KLR, barbequing, and relaxing. Guide me Lord as I serve you today.

Numbers 17-18
The curious story of Micah and his personal priest, and the tribe of Dan looking for a place to settle. These two chapters leave room for much interpretation. I will chew on them for awhile. The Wesley Study Bible throws some light on these chapters as representing the low point of Israel’s faithfulness as the tribe of Dan establishes a forbidden worship site with forbidden practices and an opportunistic priest.

John 3:1-21
Nicodemus comes to Jesus at night. Jesus explains about being born from above, a spiritual birth.

God’s word is true and my guide for daily living. The established religious systems sometimes get in the way of God’s plan, sometimes are the means of God’s plan. In this decade, this century, I desire to walk fully in the midst of God’s plan and to not deviate to the right or to the left. Lead me Lord in your righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment