Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010

5-15-10 Saturday, 7:57 am Grayrock, 58 degrees, light rain

I met the Wesley running club at the church at 6:00 am and we ran 6 miles, checking out possible routes for the upcoming 5k Run for the Mission. Having awakened naturally at 5:20 I had no excuses! I am not by nature a morning runner, but it is good periodically for me to do so, especially with the purpose we had today. Last night’s Eagle scout court of honor went well, and I got home about 9:15.

I Sam 17

Goliath challenges the armies of the Living God, and shepherd boy David rises to this challenge in the name of God. Having watched the movie Robin Hood yesterday, I could imagine the carnage of this type of hand-to-hand battle. As I encourage people to remember what God has done, this incident with David and Goliath is a great example.

Psalm 110
I read this just before I ran, and gained strength and encouragement from these words. I yield myself to you Lord, to be filled by your spirit and led upon your path. Use me today as your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment