Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15, 2010

6-15-10 Tuesday, 7:00 am Grayrock, 67 degrees, cloudy with rain likely.

Yesterday Audrey and I drove to and from O’Fallon, taking the Casillas girls home, and then having tea with Mom Holmgren. We arrived home around 8:30. Today VBS begins at Wesley. There will be much to do as I write my pastor’s pen, lead the worship planning process, and respond to correspondence.

I Kings 14 – 15:24
This record of the northern king Jeroboam, the prophet Ahijah, and southern kings Rehoboam, Abijam, and Asa further the reader’s insight into the leadership of the divided kingdom, its alliances, victories, and defeats during this era. It reminds me somewhat of the events still unfolding in the middle east, with Israel, Palestine, Syria, Egypt, and Iran. The key element in this Biblical history is the worship of God versus the worship of pagan idols and false gods. This is still the issue today! Guide me Holy Lord as I lead people to worship you alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment