Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8, 2010

6-8-10 Monday, 6:17 am Grayrock, 67 degrees, clear

Today I fly to northern Ohio to catch up with our youth choir on their mission trip. I have N6005U reserved through Friday. The weather looks to be VFR all along the route. The airport in Galion is closed today, but there is one 10 miles away that will work fine. On Thursday I will visit my brother John in rural southern Indiana on my way home. I will not have my laptop, so this will be my last journal entry/blog until Friday.

I Kings 3:3 – 4:34

In a dream God asks Solomon what he desired. Rather than wealth or fame or long life, he asked for wisdom to govern Israel. God was pleased with this request, and said “I will give you a wise and understanding heart such as no one else has had or ever will have”. God also promised him riches and fame. Solomon used this wisdom when two women came to him arguing over a baby. They each claimed the baby was hers, and that the other’s baby had died. Solomon requested a sword, and announced he would cut the baby in two and give each half. The real mother declined, asking him to give the baby to the other. He discerned that the woman who wanted the baby to live was the actual mother, and gave her the baby. His reputation for wisdom spread.

I desire to grow in knowledge and wisdom. I need wisdom to lead God’s people, to shepherd the flock called Wesley UMC, and to grow in fruitfulness. Guide me holy Lord as I seek your wisdom every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment