Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6, 2010

6-6-10 Sunday, 6:33 am Grayrock, clear, 65 degrees.

Today will be the third day of Annual Conference. I will stop by Wesley and attend the 7:45 coordination meeting for the morning of worship services. At 9:00 Bishop Schnase is teaching on his new book. Robin Roderick is preaching at 10:30, and the Wesley flutes are part of worship. Last night’s ordination service was really good, with Bishop Hayes from Oklahoma preaching on “Membership Has Its Privileges”. His text was the Gospel in which Jesus states “take up your cross and follow me”.

I Kings 1:1-53
David is very old. His son Adonijah tries to take his throne by succession. Nathan and Bathseba remind David of his promise that Solomon will follow him, so they meet with David and he establishes Solomon as his successor. (David had never disciplined Adonijah at any time verse 6.) As I witness the ordination of younger clergy, and experience the aging process, I realize that healthy succession is so important. Guide me as I serve the church through my encouragement and support of younger clergy, most holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment