Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 27, 2010

6-27-10 Sunday, 5:59 am Grayrock Dr. 74, sunny, the full moon setting in the west.

Jonah 3
He finally obeys God, goes to Nineveh and delivers the message God instructed. The people of Nineveh repent, including their king, who orders everyone to wear sackcloth, even the animals, and all will fast from all food, even from water, with the hopes that God may relent and change His mind about their destruction.

This morning I will be continuing my theme and telling this part of the story. I will be applying it to each of our lives, with practical ways we can obey God, and also creating the expectation that God might interrupt and lead in a specific way, at any time. We have the option to obey or ignore.

My desire, holy Lord, is to do your will, especially when it is inconvenient. Guard me from comfortably avoiding the more difficult aspects of following you completely. Empower me today to preach with confidence, power and love. I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment