Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3, 2010

6-3-10 Thursday, 6:29 am Grayrock, 65 degrees.

It has rained over night, watering the lawn and garden. I plan to run this morning, as there will be no other time for the next few days with Annual Conference coming to town. Morning exercise is not my favorite, but today it is necessary. No dreams to report this morning, but yesterday, I awoke from a dream in which I found myself unemployed, and was at a vocation counselor who suggested I become a stock broker. When I strongly objected, he tried me out as a color commentator. I could not get the rhythm or the timing right. I was glad to wake up and find myself happily a pastor!

II Sam 20:14-21:22
A famine lasting three years enveloped the land. David inquired about this before the Lord, and learned it was a result of Saul’s slaughter of the Gibeonites. David asked their descendants to name what they wanted. They said that money could not settle this matter, and they could not demand the life of anyone in Israel. They suggested that 7 of Saul’s sons be handed over for them to execute before the Lord. They did this, and the famine ceased. This whole incident seems so outlandish. Whenever I have read this I have felt compassion on these men, their families and friends. Throughout history innocent people are executed and murdered. I will simply hold this loosely before the Lord, recognizing that He is God, and is righteous, and His judgments will last to all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment