Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29, 2010

6-29-10 Tuesday, 7:25 Grayrock deck, 72 degrees, partly sunny.

I am here outside on this beautiful morning. I will be visiting our youth at camp today, as I ride my motorcycle to El Dorado Springs and have lunch with the campers. Here at home the bluebirds have a nest of live young, which chirp loudly when one of the parents arrives with food. It is interesting how the sparrows and the bluebirds vied for occupation of my birdhouse. The sparrows won initially, but did not raise a brood. The bluebirds reappeared a month ago, and their chicks hatched about 5 days ago.

II kings 15 – 16:20
Continued chronicle of kings of Israel and Judah. Assinations, construction projects, wars fill these brief tributes, with the main aspect being whether or not the king pleased God (very few of them) or whether the king did evil in God’s sight. This will ultimately be the measurement of every life, regardless of other accomplishments. I desire to please You, Holy Lord, with every breath I take, every move I make, every word I speak. Guide me today here in Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment