Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4, 2010

6-4-10 Friday, 6:54 am Grayrock, 67 degrees, clear

Today the Missouri Annual Conference begins here in Springfield at the convention center. My role includes – hosting a table of grace tonight, hosting the Asbury Seminary Alumni lunch tomorrow at Schweitzer, and laying hands on a pastor being ordained Saturday night. I am looking forward to hearing the bishop’s remarks and catching up with longstanding friendships. Guide me holy Lord in all my conference connections.

II Sam 22 – 23:23 The words of a song of David which praises God for His deliverance and help. This chapter is very similar to one of the psalms of David.
23:8-23 is a tribute to David’s three mightiest warriors, and the Thirty. Reading this chapter, as I have in the past reminds me of the importance of a strong team, and of celebrating and naming the work of individuals as part of the greater cause. As a pastor I see great value in this example.

I am reflecting on my work of the last 20 years. For 14 years I was the founding pastor of SunRise, including the birthing of Morning Star. For 3 years I served on the conference staff directing congregational development, and for the last 3 years I have been pastoring Wesley, the 8th largest church in the conference. Having chaired conference teams, served on the conference council, and the extended cabinet, my role now is focusing more fully on the local church. I am enjoying having fewer conference responsibilities, and expect that in the future these will expand, especially as I will be nominated this conference to serve on the Ordained Ministry Team. Guide me Holy Lord as I serve you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment