Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011

1-10-11 Monday, 6:35 am Springfield, 24 degrees, cloudy, flurries.

In the Ozarks today and tomorrow snow is in the forecast. I really enjoy winter weather! When snow and frigid temperatures develop, there is a certain energy and focus that I experience. Sometimes it feels like my Canadian heritage emerges, other times it feels like the joy that most children experience with snowfall. Today is my sabbath, after 5 full days of ministry as the new year has begun. I will read, study, begin some writing, work around the house, and begin to organize income taxes and personal financial records. Exercise will be included in my day as will rest.

Gen 23 – 24:51 (One Year Bible, now on my Droid!)

Chapter 23 records the death of Sarah and the efforts of Abraham to purchase a burial cave. Chapter 24 tells of the search by Abraham’s servant for a wife for Abraham’s son, Isaac. The servant trusts God, who leads the servant to find Rebekah, who agrees to become Isaac’s wife, sight unseen. They marry and Isaac is comforted after his mother’s death. As I read this, and know what Isaac and Rebekah have to look forward to, the joy of this wonderful heavenly match is seasoned with the difficulties and struggles they will face with the conflict between their two sons. God redeems even this, and uses the union of Isaac and Rebekah in the forming of his holy people.

I am yours today, most holy Lord. May the ordinariness of my life be an instrument in the building of your kingdom throughout this generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment