Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9, 2011

1-9-11 Sunday, 5:55 am Springfield, 19 degrees, cloudy.

This morning the church will gather all over the world – some in houses, some outside, some in historic cathedrals, some in new facilities. The Word of God will be preached; children, youth and adults will be formed as disciples, with the resulting salt and light being sent into the world. At Wesley UMC in Springfield, I have the privilege of preaching the Word today, as 1000 people will gather throughout the morning. Matthew 16:24-26 will be my text, “Losing and Gaining fro Christ” will be my title.

Guide me most holy Lord as I interpret and apply the message of the cross and self-denial. May this cold, January morning be spiritually significant in lives which will transform the world by generosity and discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment