Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12, 2011

2-12-11 Saturday, 6:52 am Springfield, 23 degrees and sunny, heading for a high of 45.

It is so good to experience this break in the weather. Two weeks of snow and extreme cold have taken their toll on the way people are feeling. The sun and warmer temperatures are brightening people up, me included. I am looking forward to this day of sermon planning, church planning, and discipleship.

Isaiah 26

Verses 3-4 powerfully speak to me this morning: “You (God) will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.”(NLT) The NASB uses the phrase “The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace”. I know this to be true from my life experiences and my walk with God. There are so many ways that a person’s mind can be distracted and unsteadfast. It is easy to let one’s thoughts not be fixed on God. As I have been considering a different motorcycle, it has filled my thoughts with the what, where, and how much of the decision. These two verses tremendously reorient my thoughts and remind me of the eternal rock!

Yesterday Audrey and I saw a newly released movie called “The Eagle”. It was set in 120 AD in England, with the Roman legion fighting local tribes in the north. It was gory and pretty dark. One benefit was the portrayal of courage, loyalty, and single-mindedness of the lead character. I do not recommend this PG 13 movie, however if I substitute the Cross for the Eagle, remembering that Jesus died for my freedom, I am motivated to serve Him at all costs.

Guide me today Lord as my thoughts are fixed on You, as I trust in You for every detail. Guard me from distraction, give me great discipline, discernment, wisdom and compassion in all I do, think, and say.

No comments:

Post a Comment