Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 6, 2011

2-6-11 Sunday, 5:51 am Springfield, 30 degrees, partly cloudy

I am eagerly anticipating the morning worship services today. We will celebrate communion and begin the 8-part series “Life Hurts, God Heals”. This morning I will be introducing the Sermon on the Mount and the first beatitude “it will go well with those who know their spiritual needs” (my paraphrase of “blessed are the poor in spirit”).

I will apply this scripture individually, and corporately to the church, emphasizing the necessity of regular spiritual audit for haughtiness or presumption. The main theme of this week is recognizing our needs, and identifying denial in any form. This is not easy, but it is foundational to a healthy, growing, Christ-centered life. Guide me Holy Lord today as I speak, serve and lead Your body, Wesley United Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment