Sunday, February 13, 2011

February 13, 2011

2-13-20 Sunday, 5:31 am Springfield, 38 degrees, heading for a high of 55 with full sun!

I love the contrast of the changes in the weather and the seasons. From cold to hot, from cloudy to sunny all contribute to my full experience of the human life. This morning in worship I am preaching on the 2nd beatitude, “blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted”. My emphasis will be upon feeling the pain and grief of loss, and allowing this feeling be a reminder that it is only in God that true comfort is found, only in God is their really hope. Trusting in anything else, or anybody else will ultimately disappoint.

Guide me today Lord as I speak words of hope. I thank you that my hope is in you, Lord, my life is in you, Lord. May the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord my strength and my redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment