Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011

2-1-11 Tuesday, 11:30 am Springfield, 19 degrees, blizzard in progress.

My schedule has deviated from normal, as I made a 6:15 am hospital call prior to a surgery, then visited the other hospital CCU. I saw folks from Wesley all over both hospitals, patients, doctors, staff, volunteers. This severe winter storm has shut down the schools, and most everything else that is possible. The National Guard is standing by, as this is predicted to be the worst winter storm in 100 years. I am safely at home, and looking forward to the next two days of writing and preparation from the comfort of this warm house, well-stocked with food.

Isaiah 17

This is a prophecy against Syria, including Damascus, which at the same time indicts Northern Israel (the glory of Jacob). This could have been written during the alliance between Syria and Ephraim (735-732 BC). The main message is that when anyone forgets God, does not remember the Rock of refuge, then even if you plant pleasant plants, “yet the harvest will flee away in a day of grief and incurable pain.” (verse11)

It is so easy to disregard God, to trust in what can be seen, arranged for, negotiated. As a believer, I must daily trust God and rely totally upon Him in all that I do. The Honduran team is writing testimonies from their experiences last week, and Steve has shared how he relied upon God for every solution to the construction problems that surfaced, as ideas popped into his head, he recognized they came from God.

Guide me today Lord as I serve you with joy, worshiping you alone, trusting you as God in the midst of this incredible winter storm sweeping the nation. You are the one in whom I live and move and have my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment