Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

2-7-11 Monday, 6:24 am Springfield, 30 degrees, snow flurries

The super bowl is history, with the Packers beating the Steelers in an exciting game down to the finish. Our staff-parish committee met in the afternoon, and I stopped by our youth Super Bowl party as Christina Aguilera fumbled the words to the national anthem. Today I will put in a full day at the office, and switch my day off to Friday, as there are grant forms to finish, newsletter article to write, sermon planning and HCI task force preparations to be done.

Isaiah 21

This chapter contains two oracles against Babylon and those who trust her. According to Oswalt, there are many possibilities concerning the time frame and meaning of these oracles. For me this morning, my main take away is that strong governments and armies are not permanent (even though they might seem so) and our only trust should be in God as we carefully navigate the politics and power struggles of the world.

Lord I am your servant. This is the beginning of a new week. Guide my thoughts, my writing, my planning, my hopes and dreams, according to your perfect and holy will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment