Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1, 2011

7-1-11 Friday, 7:00 am Springfield, 74 degrees, clear and sunny

My glasses broke yesterday, with a lens falling out. I am wearing contacts this morning, which I have not done in a long time. I can see okay, but not great. This morning we will begin planning for Sunday themes in August and September. Yesterday while eating lunch with John (A.G. Dir of Prayer) I had a flash of designing a series on prayer, beginning with 9-11 and proceeding 3-5 weeks. Today will be Matt Kerner’s first day under appointment to Wesley. I am looking forward to all that he brings as associate pastor with primary responsibility for college-age and young adults.

Psalm 149
“O Israel, rejoice in your Maker. O people of Jerusalem, exult in your king. Praise his name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp. For the Lord delights in his people, he crowns the humble with victory.” (verses 2-4) This morning O Lord, I rejoice in you. I exult in your kingship and praise you name in my heart and in my life. There are so many things that could distract and derail the believer's walk with you. Guard me from them, guide me as I warn others. Use me as your servant in this generation. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment