Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

7-11-11 Monday, 5:10 am Springfield, 79 degrees, clear

Within the hour I will depart on my first motorcycle camping trip. The Kawasaki is loaded with tent, sleeping bag, and minimal supplies. The weather is clear, and predicted to be very hot. I will camp in the woods in Kentucky, and return tomorrow. David and I spent 18 days in these same woods in 1999 during an equally hot July. Yesterday Audrey and I had a great day, worshipping at Morning Star in O’Fallon with David, lunching with Audrey’s mom and visiting the Casillas family at their restaurant later in the afternoon. The drive home to Springfield was pleasant and uneventful.

Psalm 9

“I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.” (verse 1) A bird just began to sing loudly outside. In my heart there rings a melody… I will praise God, all day, with all my heart. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Verse 2: “I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.”

Verse 11 continues the dual theme of this Psalm with an encouragement to “sing the praises of the Lord” and to “proclaim among the nations what he has done.” Yes Lord, I praise your Holy Name, and I will proclaim among all peoples what you have done. Guide me today in a monastic journey, alone on a motorcycle through the heated Midwest. May my lips sing your praise, and my life reflect your glory all along the way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment