Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6, 2011

7-6-11 Wednesday, 6:10 am Springfield, 76 warm and humid degrees.

Today is Bethany’s last day here. She flies to Los Angeles tonight. This morning she and I will take the Folbot out on Springfield lake. It has been hanging in my garage since the day we moved here. My dad built it from a kit in the early 80s. Yesterday I ran 6 over the noon hour, enduring well the 95 degree temperature. I averaged 10:59 a mile, and even though I walked often, I was pleased with this effort. This morning I will fertilize the lawn and tend the garden.

Acts 24

Paul appears before Felix, having been arrested by the Jews. He makes his case, proclaims his innocence and shares Christ with him. Felix delays any decision for 2 years, keeping him under house arrest, hoping Paul would give him money. Yesterday the jury came back with a “not guilty” verdict in the trial of Casey Anthony, accused of murdering her 2 year-old daughter in 2008. Our legal system today in not perfect, but it seems to be much better than the system during Paul’s day. Even as it seems he was treated unfairly, God used this to His glory, and Paul’s life and faith continued to develop.

On this hot, summer day, guide me holy Lord in all that I do, that it may glorify You. I am yours, a child of the King, and this midsummer day in Missouri in my opportunity to live for You, filled by Your Spirit, establishing peace with joy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment