Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011

7-18-11 Monday, 5:54 am Springfield, 74 degrees, clear

I have a day of rest stretching before me. Taking Monday as my sabbath works well in the flow of my week, and today will be a fairly typical Monday. After devotions and watching a little news I will contemplate how this day might unfold.

Romans 5

By one man’s disobedience sin entered the world. By one man’s righteousness, the gift of grace and abundant life will reign for many. Verse 21 sums it up: “that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

This truth is so clear and simple, and at the same time so complex and unfathomable. It is by grace that God has revealed this through scripture to those who have ears to hear. May its power and simplicity impact my living today.

Lord, today is a gift. Your spirit has revealed the power of your resurrection available to me, a sinner. Fill me today with life and love, faith and hope. May this day be eternally significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment