Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8, 2011

7-8-11 Friday, 6:19 am Springfield, 69 degrees.

Audrey and I had a good time at Silver Dollar City yesterday, and a good meeting with a potential new team member for her January Honduras trip. Today we will be working around the house and yard, and working on errands. I will head out momentarily for a morning ride on the Concours.

I Chronicles 5-6

Geneologies and locations of the descendents of Levi. This book of Chronicles pays particular attention to the priests and their work. As I read through so many unfamiliar names, I imagined what their lives might have been like, their daily tasks, their struggles, their joys, etc. I pictured my name in a list in the future of pastors in America, and the 30+ years I served inferred in a phrase. I realize that the eternal truth is that God remembers! Each detail of every day God remembers and the investment I make in people, in the Word, in dying to self and living for Christ makes an eternal difference.

I am currently reading a biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and remembering the impact that his 39 short years made as he invested his life well and God used it according to God’s purposes. Guide me holy Lord as I journey forward through this day. Guide my thoughts, my actions, my reactions. Do your work of recreation as I open myself completely to your will and purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment