Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31, 2011

7-31-11 Sunday, 5:28 am Springfield, 77 degrees, lightening.

I am looking forward to this morning of worship. Matt will be preaching in the 3 sanctuary services, I will be in those services, and I will be preaching in the gym service, attending it from start to finish. As we work on discerning a better way for Sunday morning’s schedule, we are experimenting with 2 preachers each Sunday, and will propose a shift in service times to take effect in January. Perhaps only the start time of one of the four services will be changed.

Romans 15

In verse 14 Paul expresses his confidence in the believers in Rome, that they are “full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to instruct one another.” This is the goal of apostles, prophets, pastors and teachers, i.e., the building up of the body of Christ until “we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:13)

Paul went on to say that his calling was “to proclaim the good news, not where Christ has already been named, so that I do not build on someone else’s foundation…” (Verse 20). I was visiting with a pastor named Randy last week who is called to share Christ with “unreached peoples”, and is doing so, and training others to do so in powerful ways.

The mission of Wesley United Methodist Church in Springfield Missouri is “to develop more fruitful disciples of Jesus Christ who worship, care, and serve.” I am thankful to be a pastor of this faith community during these years. Guide me this morning Lord as I lead with faith and the presence of Your Spirit. Use me in unique and creative ways today, Creator of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment