Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 17, 2011

At 9:00 this morning a group of men from Wesley will help Richard Fine and his family move in to his home in Battlefield. Richard has been appointed to launch a new church here in Springfield, probably between Battlefield and Republic. I will be there to say hello, then spend the morning working on my sermon "Jesus the Light of Love." This afternoon I have two appointments related to future weddings, then exercise, then home to continue to prepare for Sunday. Last night Audrey and I enjoyed attending a party for the Ozark Flying club, and developing new friendships.

Revelation 8

“When the lamb broke open the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.” What a glorious and awesome event, the breaking of the seventh seal. I look forward to that day. It is in fact a terrible day, when on earth these events will bring death and destruction. But it is the beginning of the end, and those who follow Christ, whose names are written in the book of life will be saved. The people of the way will cheer!

Today Lord I celebrate your victory, and look forward to all the events prophesied in Revelation. May I live this day in light of your coming judgment, and also practice praising you as I will do for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment