Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6, 2011

I am still feeling the effects of the 16 miles I ran yesterday at just under a 12 minute mile pace. Audrey and I worked around the house, as we decided to move the staff Christmas party to the church, instead of here at our house. In the evening we went out to dinner and then saw Tower Heist, which was better than we thought it would be.

This morning I will pray with two early surgeries, pray with the staff at 9:15, worship planning at 9:45, spring 2012 planning at 11:30, and staff planning over the noon hour.

2 John

The Apostle greets a “very special woman and her children.” This seems to be
language of greeting to a church, written during dangerous persecution in language that was not direct or explicit. The gist of this short epistle is to obey the truth, believing that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and to avoid the heresy being circulated that he did not have a human body. John also exhorts the recipients of this letter to love each other. Believe, love, obey – similar to his teaching in I John.

Today is the day that you have made, most Holy Lord. A light dusting of snow has surprised the weather forecasters. As I walk with you I expect surprises all along the way. Guide my steps, my heart, and my mind as I apply all to serving you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment