Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011

Kim Jong Il, dictator of North Korea, the son of the founder of North Korea, died of a heart attack yesterday at 69. His young son is in line to lead the country, and much uncertainty surrounds the region. This is a tough issue to deal with, as South Korea and its capitol are so vulnerable to an attack from the north.

Yesterday was a good day of worship and witness as our children led Christmas programs in the gym at 9:30 and 10:45, in addition to the three services in the sanctuary. We now have this week to get ready for Christmas Eve, and the 5 services. Last night Audrey and I went to see the lights and a show at Silver Dollar City. It was a beautiful night, temperature in the mid 50s, and the Charles Dickens Christmas Carol was masterfully produced. We sat next to a hospice chaplain, and in front of a seminary professor, with whom we had great conversation.

Today I am scheduled to go on a long run, 18-19 miles in preparation for the Feb 5 marathon. Rain is in the forecast, and my body is resisting the thought of 3 ½ hours on the road. I will be out the door in about 30 minutes and see how it goes.

Revelation 10

The angel who stands with his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land has a small scroll open in his hand. John hears the angel call out, and seven thunders answer with a roar. As he is about to write down what the thunders have said he heard a voice speak from heaven not to write it down. This leaves us who read this writing to wonder what exactly the seven thunders said. I am comfortable accepting that there are things that I am not privy to in the kingdom of God, and in this temporal life also. I must be diligent to pay attention to the things that are revealed, and to the areas in which I have responsibility.

Psalm 138

Verse 3: “You answered me when I called to you; with your strength you strengthened me.” Yes Lord! You have answered this man when I call to you, and I live in your strength. Guide me today as I push this body deeper into the training and further down the road to fitness. Guide my steps, guard my heart, strengthen my mind according to your will and plan. I am yours most holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment