Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6, 2010

3-6-10 Saturday, 8:41 am Grayrock, 49 degrees, sunny

Having stayed up late watching a movie here at home with Audrey, I have slept in. I feel rested, but wasteful, as the day has begun to unfold without me. This morning I will meet with another pastor at the office, make several phone calls, support the Upward games, then prepare for this afternoon’s wedding. Guide me as I invest my life today, prioritizing my energy for eternity, guarding against “wood, hay and straw”.

Psalm 49 – a great but rarely quoted psalm about the fate of the wicked, even though they get rich and name their estates. The grave swallows each one, and their memory on earth fades. This is a great “One Month to Live” psalm, as it reminds the righteous of eternity, and verse 15 “But as for me, God will redeem my life. He will snatch me from the power of the grave.” Yes God! My life is in you Lord, my hope is in You Lord, my life is in You Lord, it’s in you, it’s in you.

Numbers 6-7 describes the Nazirite vow. It also includes these words of blessing in 6:24-26 “May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.”

Proverbs 10:27-28 reminds me that “Fear of the Lord lengthens one’s life, but the years of the wicked are cut short. The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing.”

Today, during this beginning, I renew my fear, awe, respect, love for the Lord, who redeems my life from the pit, who is my good shepherd, and who directs my path. I eagerly look forward to today’s path. Exactly one week ago our Honduran group was making final preparation to leave the bed and breakfast in Tegucigalpa and head for the airport. It was a long and good day of travel. Today in Springfield God is at work in the multitude of lives in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment