Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010

3-24-10 Wednesday, 6:56 am, 51 degrees, cloudy.

I stepped out on the porch to watch the birds stirring in the early morning twilight. I saw mainly robins. I am curious about my birdhouse, having seen a bluebird on top of it a few days ago, but sparrows active in the area the last couple of days. Who is building a nest?

Last night I had several strange dreams, mini dreams really. My friend Greg Snooks was involved, as was transplanting trees, my mother’s illness, and new cars. There was no real memorable storyline. I think it was the malaria medicine, my last pill taken on Monday.

Yesterday President Obama signed into law the healthcare bill, which will require 30 million uninsured Americans to buy insurance, and will provide tax dollars to subsidize it. This is a huge issue, and very contentious. Obama has invested much leadership capital to get this passed, and has promised to sign an executive order declaring that no federal funds related to this bill will be used for abortion.

Deut. 2:1-3:29
2:1-9 The Lord tells Moses to respect the Edomites, the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. He also instructs them not to bother the Moabites, the descendants of Lot. I have not remembered these instructions which honored non-Israelites. The rest of this chapter describes conflict in the middle east prior to the arrival of Israel, which was 3000 years ago. Will there ever be an end to such conflict?
It was so interesting to spend some time last week with Dan Sered, a native of Israel. We discussed the the government, the history, the conflict of that region. It caused me to desire to travel there in the next couple of years.

Psalm 67
Verse 2 “May your ways be known throughout the earth, your saving power among people everywhere.”

Yes God, may this happen using your people called Wesley United Methodist church in Springfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment