Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26, 2010

3-26-10 Friday, 7:40 am Greenbough (St. Louis) Clear, 30 degrees.

Yesterday I had a good visit with the Pearces at Children’s hospital, with the Casillas at their home in O’Fallon, and with David at the Texas Roadhouse. Today I host the reinspection of this house by the county, and meet with Janet, the realtor. I will be fasting this morning as I work on Sunday’s message.

Deut 5 – 6

These chapters contain two of the most significant parts of the OT – the ten commandments, and the Shema followed by its instructions.
6:4 “Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them… talk about them …tie them ….write them …. God’s word is critical to a life of faith, with a heart to obey it.

The Ten Commandments are clear. Keeping the Sabbath is the most challenging. Jesus taught that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. God rested on the seventh day, and so must all who follow. Guide me Lord as I work out my salvation with fear and trembling.

1 comment: