Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 28, 2010

3-28-10 Palm Sunday, 5:58 am, Grayrock.

I am looking forward to this morning’s worship services, including the Easter Musical at 8:15 and 11:00. Palm Sunday is one of my favorite days on the calendar, as there is no secular contaminating of this commemoration. I still have work to do on my five minute devotional in the middle of the cantata, and on my full-length sermon for the other two services.

Our front door blew open through the night, and was standing wide open as I got up. I am thankful that no harm was done, apparently no skunks wandered in (or worse). Thankfully God is watching over his children, and He never sleeps.

9:53 pm

Luke 19:29-46 Jesus enters Jerusalem, riding on the colt of a donkey. This was my text today for my two sermons (9:30 and 10:30). During the Cantata I had a five minute devotional, in which I used the garden, the cross and the tomb as symbols for prayer, surrender, and resurrection, applied to our daily lives. The morning went well, and those attending seemed to benefit from the services.

At noon I spoke to the 300 or so children and parents gathered in the gym for the easter egg hunt. I described the empty eggs as representing the empty tomb, and the practice of looking for Jesus everywhere. Due to the weather, the hunt had to be indoors.

This afternoon I rested, than ran 4 miles. Now I will post this journal entry for the day, then read some more from E. Stanly Jones A Song of Ascents. Thank you Lord for this day, for your word, and for your servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment